Methods of Payment
We accept cash, checks, and all major credit and debit cards.
Insurance & Reimbursement
We currently accept TRICARE. If you have another insurance, we will gladly provide you with the information you need in order to file an insurance claim with your insurance provider for reimbursement.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us prior to 9:00am on the morning of your appointment, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
To schedule an appointment or to obtain additional information about any of our services, please email info@solaycounseling or call 919.484.2222.
Upon your arrival for your initial appointment, we ask that you fill out an intake form. You may also DOWNLOAD THE INTAKE FORM and bring the completed form to your first appointment.
We offer therapy and assessments via Facetime and Zoom video conferencing. Prior to your initial session, please download the INFORMED CONSENT FORM (available in PDF or MS Word) and the INTAKE FORM, fill them out, and email them along with a copy of your photo ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions About Therapy
Seeking therapy is an individual choice and there are many reasons why people make the decision to come to therapy. Therapy can help address many types of issues including depression, anxiety, conflict, grief, stress management, and general life transitions.
Therapy is right for anyone who is interested in getting the most out of their life by taking responsibility, creating greater self-awareness, and working towards change in their lives
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life, and while you may have successfully navigated through other difficulties you’ve faced, there’s nothing wrong with seeking extra support when you need it. Therapy provides long-lasting benefits and support, giving you the tools you need to avoid triggers, re-direct damaging patterns, and overcome whatever challenges you face.
The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available from therapy include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and psychotherapist. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client. However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule. Exceptions include:
- Suspected child, dependant adult, or elder abuse.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person.
- If a client intends and has a plan to harm himself or herself.